TD Ameritrade Park is increasing its security for Thursday night's Major League Baseball game, so if you're going, you might want to get there early. First pitch is set for 7:05 p.m.
Typically, ballpark security uses metal-detecting wands to screen fans entering the stadium. For the Kansas City Royals-Detroit Tigers game, walk-through metal detectors have been added.
Those metal detectors will be removed after Thursday night's game, and the stadium will return to its use of metal-detecting wands for the College World Series.
Many of the ballpark’s security rules still apply, including its clear-bag policy. Signs have been placed near the entrance gates laying out the prohibited items.
Below is a list of prohibited items. For more information regarding security, contact the TD Ameritrade Park Omaha Ticket Office at 402-546-1800.
Sign up for The World-Herald's afternoon updates
Receive a summary of the day’s popular and trending stories from Omaha.com.
- Abusive, foul or disruptive language; obscene clothing; indecent clothing
- Action sports equipment included but not limited to bicycles, skateboards, roller blades, scooters and roller skates
- Aerosol cans (i.e. hairspray, Mace, etc.)
- Alcohol, drugs, illegal substances
- Animals (except certified service animals)
- Any item or action deemed to be a threat to public safety
- Baseball bats or clubs
- Beach balls and other inflatable items
- Cameras with lenses larger than 3 inches
- Cans, glass and thermos bottles
- Drones and other unmanned aerial vehicles
- Large bags and hard-sided coolers
- Laser pens and laser pointers
- Noise-making devices (i.e. air horns, cowbells, etc.)
- Outside food and beverage except for 20 oz. or smaller empty plastic bottles for water
- Signs or banners
- Smoking of cigarettes, e-cigarettes, vapor cigarettes or any device that mimics smoking
- Sticks or clubs
- Toy guns or knives (including water guns)
- Weapons including pocket knives, blades, tasers, brass knuckles, firearms, fireworks and other illegal substances. This includes permit holders possessing or carrying lawfully concealed weapons.