1. I like the permanent (four-year) crossover game with Michigan. Is there a way to rotate this every two years? Probably not in a 14-team board room. Then again, I feel like Nebraska has played Ohio State, Penn State and Michigan State a bunch since joining. Time to get to know the Michigan Men. It looks like a made-for-TV series with Frost vs. Harbaugh. But Harbaugh already has three years at Ann Arbor. Do we think he'll still be around in 2022? Yes, we think Frost will still be here.
2. Black Friday is back and I like Iowa there. If/when Nebraska starts playing for and winning the Big Ten West on a regular basis, this will be a very important game. When big stakes are on the table, that's when this "rivalry" will have a chance to take off. And I think it will.
3. I believe a Ferentz will be coaching Iowa during this stretch, but it's more likely to be Brian than Kirk. Just a hunch.
4. At Rutgers in September? I see a Yankee road trip in Nebraska fans' future.
5. Could we possibly break up the rotation of playing at Iowa and at Wisconsin in the same year? If we think those two and NU are going to rule the West, and we do, it would be nice to have one home and one away — for all three teams — in the same year. Just sayin'.
6. Yes, the 2024 schedule looks brutal. But what if, by 2024, the other teams in the Big Ten look at having to play Nebraska as brutal? Think about it. That's not only not a stretch, that's the goal.
I'm writing about my favorite season openers tomorrow. Got a feeling that this Saturday will be one of them.
Sign up for Big Red Today news alerts
Get a daily Husker news roundup, recruiting updates and breaking news in your inbox.
2018 College Football Preview: Metamorphosis
See every story from our annual college football preview section