The Papillion City Council at its Feb. 2 meeting took the following actions:
• Reappointed Jim Masters to the Papillion Planning Commission for a three-year term from February 2016 to February 2019.
• Approved the auction of surplus equipment and vehicles in conjunction with the Omaha Public Power District through Big Iron, part of Stock Realty and Auction Company.
• Awarded a bid for tree and brush removal on Schram Road from 84th to 90th streets to Terry Hughes Tree Service in the amount of $26,500.
• Approved applications for the 2016 summer fireworks season for Bellino Fireworks, Michael J. Hogan, Stannard Fireworks, St. Columbkille Shepherds, Sarpy County Swim Club, Echoes Softball, Tangier Shrine Center, Papillion/La Vista Optimist, Papillion Spirit Football and American Legion Post No. 32.
• Approved a right of way easement with OPPD in Veterans Park.
Easements are required for relocation of overhead electrical lines along Monroe Street that were completed as part of improvements done to the park in November.
Council meetings air on Cox Cable Channel 18 and are posted on YouTube at youtube.com/user/CityofPapillion.
Meeting minutes and agendas can be found at papillion.org.
— Kelsey Stewart
The La Vista City Council meeting was canceled on Feb. 2.
All items on the agenda will be considered at the Feb. 16 meeting.
Meeting agendas and minutes can be found at cityoflavista.org/agenda.
The Springfield City Council meeting was canceled on Feb. 2.
All items on the agenda will be considered at the March 1 meeting.
Meeting agendas and minutes can be found at springfieldne.org.