Bellevue East’s Nebtom N’Da was the area star in the first day of the Class A state track meet.
N’Da won the state championship in the long jump, leaping 18 feet, 7.25 inches.
See more headlines from Class A’s Day 1 of the state meet.
• Nina Cuevas (Papio South) and Frankie Allen (Papillion-La Vista) each won a heat in the 100-meter dash. Cuevas has the second best time in the girls 100 to advance to the finals.
Allen had the third-fastest time in the boys 100. Papio South’s Mike McClanahan also advanced to the 100 finals.
• Papio South’s Tate Norblade won her heat in the 200 and advances to the finals with the third best time. Norblade also qualified for the 400 finals.
• McClanahan won his heat in the 200 to advance to the finals with the second best time. Titan teammate Bradyn Pogue also advanced to the 200 final.
• Gretna’s Addison Webster and Papio South’s Sekiya Simmons each advanced to the finals in the 100 hurdles.
• Bellevue West’s Jerome Houston advanced to the finals in both the 110 and 300 hurdle events.
• Olivia Sattlefield (Papio South) and Jadyn Makovicka (Gretna) each advanced to the finals in the 300 hurdles.
• Kaylie Crews has the best finish on the track in Friday’s finals by placing fourth in the 3,200. In the boys 3,200, Dillon McNeill places eighth for a medal.
• Jordan McDonald had a strong showing in the discus. The Papio senior was the state runner-up in the discus. Bellevue West’s Alex Lee placed fifth in the discus.
• Gretna’s Trevor Marshall places third in the high jump. Also Abels of Papio placed sixth in the event.
• Alex Herman earned the sixth-place medal in the shot out for Papillion-La Vista.
• Mitchell Klassen (Papio) and Gannon Spahn (Bellevue West) earned medals by finishing seventh and eighth, respectively, in the pile vault.
• Bellevue West’s Sierra Hiatt placed eighth in the girls long jump to earn a medal.