The 2019 Omaha Gives! online fundraiser will be held today, Wednesday.
This year marks the seventh consecutive year the 24-hour fundraiser will raise money for 501©(3) nonprofits in Douglas and Sarpy counties in Nebraska and Pottawattamie County in Iowa.
Organized by the Omaha Community Foundation, Omaha Gives! will accept online donations at omahagives.org from midnight today, Wednesday, through midnight Thursday. The minimum donation is $10, with no maximum.
Donors do not need to wait to donate. They may donate at any time, although the amounts given will not be revealed until the fundraiser formally begins. A “leaderboard” tracks the amount each nonprofit receives throughout the day.
As the day progresses, Omaha Gives! will randomly add prize money to some of the participating nonprofits. Last year, the total raised exceeded $7.4 million.
Nonprofits listed under Gretna, and which are eligible for donations, are as follows:
• Gretna Friends of the Library
• Gretna Public Library Foundation (The Gretna Public Library Foundation raises funds for the much needed library/community center while the Friends of the Gretna Public Library raise funds to meet immediate needs including programs, materials, equipment and more.)
• Gretna United Methodist Church Youth Groups Team 4:12/SWAT
• Matt’s Music Memorial (musical instruments for children)
• Sarpy County Museum
• Camp CoHoLo (children’s camp/cancer and blood disorders)
• Heartland German Shepherd Rescue
• Heartland Equine Therapeutic Riding Academy (assisting persons with physical disabilities)
• Holy Family Shrine
• Nebraska Border Collie Rescue
• St. Charles Borromeo Catholic Church
• Wildlife Encounters
Information on each nonprofit can be found at omahagives.org by typing the name into the search window.