At its July 2 meeting, the Gretna City Council took the following action:
• Approved third reading of Ordinance 2045, extending the corporate limits to include SID 254, Taxlot 5B in S2, T13N, R11E, Taxlots 6A and 6B, and North 45 Ft of Taxlot 6A in S1, T13N, R10E and adjoining Highway 6/31 and Capehart Road right-of-ways, and part of the south half of the northeast quarter in S25, T14N, R11E east of Highway 6/31 right-of-way and adjoining S. 204th Street right-of-way. The council then adopted the ordinance.
• Approved second reading of Ordinance 2046, approval to create the City of Gretna Parks and Recreation Advisory Committee.
• Approved authorization of the northwest sub-basin interceptor sewer phase 1 project.
• Approved the Burlington Park at Gretna Station water main relocation construction contract to Kerstens Construction.
• Approved a sewer connection agreement for Bridgeport replat lots 1 through 13 and outlots L and N.
• Approved a certificate of substantial completion to Prairie Construction for the Public Works building.
• Approved a special designated liquor license to Gretna Wine and Spirits for July 26.
• Approved a sewer rate reduction request.
The next regular council meeting will be Tuesday at 6:30 p.m. at Gretna City Hall, 204 N. McKenna Ave. The council meets the first and third Tuesday of each month. For agendas and past meeting minutes, visit gretnane.org.
— Rachel George