Plans to renovate the high school stadium were solidified last week when the Gretna Public School Board of Education approved the design and development for the stadium expansion project.
The project is split into two phases with the first set to begin this year. That phase includes expanded parking, adding turf to the football and soccer field, and expanded seating, including addition of visitors side seating with restrooms and concessions.
The district has budgeted $9.5 million for phase one of the stadium project and $1.2 million for parking.
Base bids will plan for 3,500 additional seats, a number that includes visitor seating, while alternates for more seating will be available dependent on pricing.
The second phase, expected to be completed in 2020, would focus on the ball fields.
The board then gave approval to begin the bidding process for the project.
Also at its Feb. 25 meeting, the board took the following action:
• Approved the resignations of Lisa Salerno and Lindsay Stier.
• Approved contracts for Kiley Delzer, Kari Weihl, Alyssa Burns, Grace Kimnach, Jennifer Hascall, Molly Bond, Jennifer Schmit, Ally Lemkau, Sarah Heberly, Kylie Allgood, Paula Burns and Amy Falcone.
• Approved two student trips. The Gretna High School band will visit Texas in late May/early June and the GHS show choir will attend a national competition in Chicago in early May.
• Director of Curriculum Rex Anderson and Assistant Director of Curriculum Violet Glasshoff presented assesment information to the board.
• Reviewed board policy Section 2000 pertaining to Administration.
The next regular school board meeting will be Monday at 7 p.m. at the administrative offices, 11717 S. 216th St. The board meets the second and fourth Monday of each month. For meeting agendas and minutes, visit www.gpsne.org.