This week, Sports Editor Joey Waller shares his top five movies staring Adam Sandler, the greatest thespian alive.
1. Happy Gilmore. Everyone knows the big Gilmore-McGavin rivalry was the reason golf thrived during the late ‘90s. Also, Carl Weathers and Ben Stiller give top-notch performances.
2. Grown Ups 2. So what if Rotten Tomatoes gave this a 7 percent (out of 100), I couldn’t stop laughing. This is a barrage of comedy the world hasn’t witnessed before and maybe the general population just wasn’t ready for it.
3. The Waterboy. Bobby Boucher had 16 sacks in one game and all while making his mama proud of him. It truly is a heart-warming story.
4. I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry. I love Adam Sandler. I love Kevin James. This was the first time I saw them in the same movie and it will go down as one of the biggest days of my life.
5. Just Go With It. I’ve already mentioned my adoration for Adam Sandler, but the dynamic duo of Brooklyn Decker and Jennifer Aniston steal the show in this one.