Firefighters on Thursday extinguished a fire in a vacant South Omaha social hall, a former Eagles Club.
Dispatchers learned of the fire at 22nd and N Streets shortly after 6 a.m., Douglas County 911 dispatchers said. When crews arrived, heavy smoke was pouring from the structure, which officials said was unsecured. Firefighters got the fire under control at 6:34 a.m.
No injuries were reported. The property at 2226 N St., valued at about $565,000 by the Douglas County Assessor’s Office, sustained about $10,000 damage.
Over the years, the building had hosted wedding receptions and retirement celebrations.
Sign up for World-Herald news alerts
Be the first to know when news happens. Get the latest breaking headlines sent straight to your inbox.