Gov. Pete Ricketts’ backing proved no guarantee of success Tuesday for candidates seeking seats in the Nebraska Legislature. Three candidates who got money or an endorsement from the state’s top Republican official were eliminated in the primary, while three others finished second in their races.
- Pete Ricketts, Bob Krist cruise to wins in governor's race
- Support of prominent Republicans carries John Murante to victory over Taylor Royal in state treasurer's race
- Kara Eastman rides a progressive wave to the Democratic nomination in the 2nd District
- Write-in candidate Judy Pederson to run against North Platte State Sen. Mike Groene
- Voters narrow the field in Nebraska legislative races