A fire that broke out in an Omaha townhouse midafternoon Saturday caused eight firefighters to be treated for heat exhaustion.

One was hospitalized, according to paramedic shift supervisor Paul Jackson, but was in stable condition.

No one appeared to be seriously injured. Firefighters rescued at least one dog and one cat.

20190630_new_fire_pic_CM003

A cat looks up at Jill Tafoya after she revived it in the back of an ambulance after the cat was rescued from a fire at 5427 86th Court on Saturday.

The fire took place at one of the townhouses at the Pines at Q Plaza at 5427 86th Court in Omaha.

Cindy Limberg is one of three residents of the apartment where the fire is thought to have started. She and her daughter, Allison Czapla, tearfully watched the fire.

Limberg said that no one was home at the time of the fire and that she was “shocked” when she heard about it.

Sign up for World-Herald news alerts

Be the first to know when news happens. Get the latest breaking headlines sent straight to your inbox.

Sign up for The World-Herald's afternoon updates

* I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its user agreement and privacy policy.

rick.ruggles@owh.com, 402-444-1123

Commenting is limited to Omaha World-Herald subscribers. To sign up, click here.

If you're already a subscriber and need to activate your access or log in, click here.

Recommended for you

Load comments

You must be a full digital subscriber to read this article You must be a digital subscriber to view this article.