A man was taken to the Nebraska Medical Center in critical condition Saturday night after being exposed to carbon monoxide at the Coco Key Water Resort in Omaha.

Emergency scanner traffic indicated that the man is a maintenance worker who had been working in a boiler room where high levels of carbon monoxide were detected.

The water park at 3321 S. 72nd St. was evacuated as of 9:30 p.m., an employee said.

Sign up for World-Herald news alerts

Be the first to know when news happens. Get the latest breaking headlines sent straight to your inbox.

Sign up for The World-Herald's afternoon updates

* I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its user agreement and privacy policy.

jwade@owh.com, 402-444-1067

Commenting is limited to Omaha World-Herald subscribers. To sign up, click here.

If you're already a subscriber and need to activate your access or log in, click here.

Recommended for you

Load comments

You must be a full digital subscriber to read this article You must be a digital subscriber to view this article.