A Bellevue man was stabbed to death during a robbery at his home after arranging for a prostitute to come over, according to testimony Tuesday during a Sarpy County Court hearing.

Following more than an hour of testimony by three Bellevue police officers, a judge ordered Krystal R. Martin, 20, of Hawk Point, Missouri, to stand trial. Martin faces up to 20 years in prison if convicted of being an accessory to the slaying of Brent Quigley, 39.

She is accused of helping her boyfriend, Raymond T. Davis, 29, of Des Moines, elude police in the days following Quigley’s June 24 slaying.

Bellevue police found Quigley dead at 12:40 a.m. June 26 inside his home at 7209 S. 42nd St. after a friend became worried.

Two days later, officers went to a home near 42nd and Center Streets in Omaha and took Christopher J. Reagan, 45, and Alisia C. Cooke, 28, into custody.

Davis, Reagan and Cooke are charged with first-degree murder, use of a weapon to commit a felony, robbery and attempted robbery.

According to Bellevue Detective Roy Howell, officers found Quigley lying near his front door with at least 20 stab wounds. During an interview, Cooke told detectives that a plan was hatched to rob Quigley of money and drugs after she agreed to have sex with him for money.

Once Cooke was inside, she told police, she accompanied Quigley to a bedroom but then found a pretext to leave and unlock the front door. The plan, she said, was to rob Quigley and pistol-whip him.

“Raymond Davis and Chris Reagan entered the house,” Howell testified. “Raymond Davis then runs into the bedroom and starts stabbing the victim.”

Cooke told police that she went into the bathroom when the attack began but then returned to the living room. Quigley came out of the bedroom and headed for the front door, Cooke told police.

“Alisia (Cooke) jumps over the couch and slams the front door to keep Brent (Quigley) inside,” Howell said.

Police found Quigley covered with a blanket, and a knife nearby, Howell said. Detective Lindsey Betsworth testified that Reagan told her that Davis brought his knife to the residence and that Reagan used a knife from the home to stab Quigley at least five times.

Martin, in an interview with Howell, admitted that she overheard Davis, Reagan and Cooke planning the robbery. Asked why she didn’t contact police, Martin said “she was scared and just following Raymond’s lead.”

She also told police that she saw Reagan holding a bloody knife and ranting after the slaying. She said Davis “was all shook up and could hardly talk,” Howell testified.

Police located Reagan and Cooke through a neighbor’s surveillance video and by tracking Quigley’s phone. The phone and other electronic items were taken from the home.

Martin told police that she and Davis left Omaha after the slaying and traveled to Des Moines, Chicago and Missouri. The pair were arrested in Troy, Missouri, on June 30.

Judge PaTricia Freeman agreed with the prosecution that Martin’s actions, even though she didn’t participate in the robbery or slaying, helped Davis elude capture.

“She saw Christopher Reagan with a knife and blood on him and also knew that Davis was involved,” Freeman said.

Davis waived his right to a preliminary hearing Tuesday and his case was sent to district court for trial. Reagan and Cooke are scheduled for preliminary hearings on Sept. 4.

All four defendants are being held without bail in the Sarpy County Jail.

Sign up for The World-Herald's afternoon updates

* I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its user agreement and privacy policy.

kevin.cole@owh.com, 402-444-1272

Commenting is limited to Omaha World-Herald subscribers. To sign up, click here.

If you're already a subscriber and need to activate your access or log in, click here.

Recommended for you

Load comments

You must be a full digital subscriber to read this article You must be a digital subscriber to view this article.