Frustrated drivers are getting some relief.
The City of Omaha says its Public Works and contractor road crews continue closing more of the city’s potholes.
The city patched an estimated 7,445 potholes from March 29 through Thursday, according to Mayor Jean Stothert’s weekly pothole update.
The city said the number of pothole reports to the Mayor’s Hotline is declining and city and private crews are catching up with the backlog.
The city’s estimate of the number of potholes filled is based on the amount of asphalt it used. In the most recent week, it used 1,044 tons.
From March 18 to March 27, crews repaired more than 5,500 potholes using 775 tons of asphalt.
Stothert thanked city crews and contractors, saying “these employees are making a difference.”
So far in 2019, the city has spent more than $1 million in street-related overtime to plow snow, apply salt and repair streets.
The city also spent $2.5 million for private contractors to plow snow and $2.5 million for salt in the first three months of the year.
Sign up for World-Herald news alerts
Be the first to know when news happens. Get the latest breaking headlines sent straight to your inbox.
Pothole repairs over the past week focused on the following places:
- Bedford Avenue from 30th Street to John Creighton Boulevard
- Blackwell Drive from Stony Brook Boulevard to Q Street
- Blair High Road
- California Street from 98th to 102nd Streets
- Center Street from 32nd to 36th Streets and 42nd to 84th Streets
- Farnam Street from Eighth to 10th Streets and 120th Street to Burke Boulevard
- Fontenelle Boulevard from the Northwest Radial to Ames Avenue
- Fort Street from Fontenelle Boulevard to 52nd Street
- Grover Street from 60th to 72nd Streets
- Happy Hollow Boulevard
- Indian Hills Drive from 84th to 90th Streets
- F Street from 132nd to 138th Streets
- Jackson Street from 16th to 19th Streets
- L Street from 42nd to 60th Streets
- Maple Street from 45th to 52nd Streets
- Mercy Road from 67th to 78th Streets
- Missouri Avenue from 13th to 20th Streets
- Pacific Street from 72nd Street to Beverly Drive and 153rd to 156th Streets
- Park Avenue from Leavenworth Street to Woolworth Avenue
- Riverfront Drive
- Rose Blumkin Drive
- Roundup Road and Skyline Pass
- Q Street from 36th to 38th Streets
- Saddle Creek Road from Dodge to Leavenworth Streets
- St. Mary’s Avenue at 25th Street
- Storz Expressway
- Sorensen Parkway
- West Dodge Frontage Road, west of 156th Street
- West Maple Road from 144th to 204th Streets
- Western Avenue from 52nd to 84th Streets
- 13th Street from Vinton Street to Interstate 80
- 20th Street from Burt to Cass Streets
- 22nd Street from Locust to Pinkney Streets
- 24th Street from Martha to Vinton Streets and Franklin to Cuming Streets
- 30th Street from Lake to Chicago Streets
- 36th Street from Leavenworth to Center Streets
- 40th Street from Leavenworth to Marcy Streets
- 42nd Street and Fontenelle Boulevard
- 42nd Street from Fontenelle Boulevard to Redman Avenue and Sorensen Parkway to Newport Avenue
- 45th Street from Leavenworth to Center Streets
- 52nd Street from Miami Street to Ames Avenue and Western Avenue to Dodge Street
- 60th Street from Laurel Avenue to Browne Street and Maple to Corby Streets
- 69th Street from Western Avenue to Dodge Street
- 72nd Street from Mercy Road to F Street, Sorensen Parkway to Ames Avenue, and Interstate 680 to Lake Cunningham Drive
- 78th Street from Military to Crown Point Avenues
- 90th Street from Fort Street to Blair High Road and Indian Hills Drive to Pacific Street
- 120th Street from West Center Road to L Street
- 132nd Street from West Dodge to West Maple Roads
- 138th Street from Q to Harrison Streets
- 144th Street from Industrial Road to Q Street
- 157th and Pacific Streets
- 168th Street from Pacific to Harrison Streets
- 180th and Frances Streets
- 180th Street at Shadow Ridge Drive