As The Rose celebrates 70 years of children’s theater in Omaha, it offers even more options for theater-loving families, including a ticket package specifically for those with very young children.
New in the 2019-20 season, the First Stage+ Package includes four tickets to the two First Stage shows; four tickets to the main stage show, “Naked Mole Rat Gets Dressed: The Rock Experience”; and two sample dance and drama classes. This package is designed to give families a jump-start into everything The Rose has to offer, from productions to classes.
“This is a great way for families with young children to see shows and experience classes,” Rose artistic director Matthew Gutschick says. “They can learn what interests their child and get them started on a wonderful experience in the arts.”
For just $75, families can see “A Bucket of Blessings” and “The Little Engine That Could,” the two shows included in the First Stage Series. These shows are intended for very young audiences, children attending the theater for the first time, preschoolers and children with special needs. The shows are performed on the Hitchcock Stage, a smaller space on the fourth floor of the theater. In early fall, families also will be invited to participate in two sample classes showcasing The Rose’s educational offerings for preschoolers. In spring 2020, First Stage+ families graduate to the main stage to see “Naked Mole Rat Gets Dressed: The Rock Experience.”
The Rose’s traditional membership program builds on the theater’s legacy of high-quality family entertainment at a price everyone can afford.
Rose members enjoy everything the theater has to offer. A membership costs less than the price of four single tickets to two shows, allowing a family of four to see six shows throughout the year.
“With a Rose membership, families can share the magic of the theater with their children for less than $5 a ticket,” Gutschick says. “Not only do these families get to make lasting memories together, but they also give their children all the benefits that research shows the theater experience imparts to young people – stretching their imagination, increasing their empathy, better understanding others, and developing an appreciation of arts and culture.”
Plus, several member-only opportunities and benefits are available for the 2019-20 season. For only $105, family members receive the following membership perks:
• Four free tickets to each of The Rose’s six member event shows, which equals 24 tickets, and savings on additional ticket purchases.
• A savings of $7 per ticket on the premium event shows, “Elf the Musical” and “The Sound of Music,” and a savings of $2 per ticket on the First Stage Pre-K Series. They also receive a deep discount of $13 on The Rose’s special event production, “Howie D: Back in the Day.”
• An invitation to a free Member Day Birthday Bash, complete with workshops, hands-on activities, building tours and more.
• Waiver of the $15 class registration fee for members who are BROADWAY and DRAMA at The Rose students.
• A 10% discount on Rose costume rentals.
For larger families, additional membership options are available, offering from five to eight tickets per show.
A Patron Membership is available for $400 per family. Patron members receive additional benefits in appreciation for their help underwriting programming for children with financial barriers.
Patron benefits include:
• All benefits associated with family membership.
• Four free tickets to a performance of “Howie D: Back in the Day,” including a private patron event.
• Eight free “gift” passes for friends and family.
• Recognition in each main stage show program.
Through patron contributions, The Rose is able to provide high-quality theater productions, including innovative and experimental pieces making their world debut on the The Rose stage. These shows give children exposure to a wide range of theater styles and enhance their appreciation of the art.
Memberships for the 2019-20 season are on sale now. For more information, call The Rose Box Office at 402-345-4849 or go to www.rosetheater.org.