Thanks for subscribing to the Omaha World-Herald and supporting local journalism. As a subscriber, you have exclusive access to articles that carry the Subscriber Plus logo (left).
Sign up for Big Red Today news alerts
Get a daily Husker news roundup, recruiting updates and breaking news in your inbox.
Tom is The World-Herald's lead sports columnist. Since he started in Omaha in 1991, he's covered just about anything you can imagine. Follow him on Twitter @TomShatelOWH. Phone: 402-444-1025.
Throughout the year, The World-Herald captures breathtaking shots of your favorite local athletics teams and their fans, freezing in time the moments that stick with you for a lifetime. Click here to see the commemorative pages.
Aug. 31: NU 35, South Alabama 21
Sept. 7: at Colorado 34, NU 31, OT
Sept. 14: NU 44, Northern Illinois 8
Sept. 21: at Illinois, 7 p.m. (BTN)
Sept. 28: Ohio State, 6:30 p.m. (ABC)
Oct. 5: Northwestern, 2:30 or 3 p.m.
Oct. 12: at Minnesota
Oct. 26: Indiana
Nov. 2: at Purdue
Nov. 16: Wisconsin
Nov. 23: at Maryland
Nov. 29: Iowa, 1:30 p.m. (BTN)
Video: Carriker Chronicles
The Scott Frost saga would prove to be one of the most remarkable sports stories in many years in Nebraska, an epic tale playing out over 79 days in Orlando, Lincoln and other locales from Pennsylvania to California. This six-part series — written by Henry Cordes and illustrated by Matt Hane…
Football season has arrived and with it new things for Husker fans to consider: Clear bags. Sweeter scoreboard images. Eight new honorees. Twitter captioning.
Get the latest Nebraska recruiting headlines, as well as player cards for each Husker football commit complete with recruiting rankings, photos, videos and more.
Take a look back at 129 seasons of Nebraska football with our ever-growing Husker history database, complete with photos, stories and more.
How stocked is Nebraska at each position? Reference our scholarship distribution chart for the Husker football team indicating how many players hold scholarships at each position, arranged by their year in school.
In a historic series, The World-Herald honors Nebraska's all-time greatest athletes. The Nebraska 100, originally selected in 2005 and then updated and re-ranked in 2015, came from a pool of nearly 500 names from the ranks of high school, college, amateur and professional sports from the pas…
- When Brenden Jaimes went down, Broc Bando stepped up for the Huskers at left tackle
- Live updates: Top-ranked Husker volleyball hosts No. 2 Stanford
- Huskers' offseason was fueled by memories of the narrow national championship loss to Stanford
- Husker opponent preview: Everything you need to know about the Illinois Fighting Illini
- Jack Hoffman, 13, plays in first school football game, 6 years after his Huskers touchdown run
- Carriker Chronicles: Darrion Daniels on the Blackshirts' success, playing for Mike Gundy and Scott Frost
- 'Extra reps' and fast-paced practices make sure Husker backups are up to speed
- Shatel: Nebraska volleyball embraces "blackshorts" defense, returns black court for No. 2 Stanford