Thanks for subscribing to the Omaha World-Herald and supporting local journalism. As a subscriber, you have exclusive access to articles that carry the Subscriber Plus logo (left).
Tom is The World-Herald's lead sports columnist. Since he started in Omaha in 1991, he's covered just about anything you can imagine. Follow him on Twitter @TomShatelOWH. Phone: 402-444-1025.
Throughout the year, The World-Herald captures breathtaking shots of your favorite local athletics teams and their fans, freezing in time the moments that stick with you for a lifetime. Click here to see the commemorative pages.
Video: Carriker Chronicles
The Scott Frost saga would prove to be one of the most remarkable sports stories in many years in Nebraska, an epic tale playing out over 79 days in Orlando, Lincoln and other locales from Pennsylvania to California. This six-part series — written by Henry Cordes and illustrated by Matt Hane…
Football season has arrived and with it new things for Husker fans to consider: Clear bags. Sweeter scoreboard images. Eight new honorees. Twitter captioning.
Get the latest Nebraska recruiting headlines, as well as player cards for each Husker football commit complete with recruiting rankings, photos, videos and more.
Take a look back at 129 seasons of Nebraska football with our ever-growing Husker history database, complete with photos, stories and more.
How stocked is Nebraska at each position? Reference our scholarship distribution chart for the Husker football team indicating how many players hold scholarships at each position, arranged by their year in school.
In a historic series, The World-Herald honors Nebraska's all-time greatest athletes. The Nebraska 100, originally selected in 2005 and then updated and re-ranked in 2015, came from a pool of nearly 500 names from the ranks of high school, college, amateur and professional sports from the pas…
- Count NU quarterback Adrian Martinez as an earlier supporter of Huskers' improved defense
- McKewon: Peculiarities and all, Michigan's Jim Harbaugh is — for now — the face of the Big Ten
- Shatel: Will Nebraska always be a stranger in the strange land of the Big Ten?
- 'Hamilton,' Harbaugh and hijinks: Here's what we saw and heard at Big Ten media days
- 'We just didn't finish': After narrow losses last year, Hawkeyes aim for stronger fourth quarters
- Husker Camp Countdown: No. 17 Cam Taylor
- Adrian Martinez handles turbulence the same way he does interviews — calm, cool and collected
- Shatel: Scott Frost may ignore the hype, but there's a reason it follows him wherever he goes