So why does a silver “Cornhusker bell” sit on an elected official’s desk in the state capitol of Alabama? Well, it’s because the ’Bama state treasurer, Young Boozer, a lifelong fan of the Crimson Tide, retains a bit of Nebraska in his bloodline.
- Kelly: Omaha native watches history unfold as Eritrea, Ethiopia make peace
- Kelly: Married for 50 years, through 'one crazy thing after another,' Omaha couple press on
- Kelly: For World-Herald's Jeff Koterba, car crash ‘came out of the blue’
- Kelly: David Jacobson, 70, loomed large — at law firm, with Film Streams and with friends
- Kelly: Omaha TV journalist sees mother's American dream realized after 18 years apart