Reporter - Sports
Dirk writes stories and columns about Husker football in addition to covering general assignments and enterprise for The World-Herald. Follow him on Twitter @dirkchatelain. Phone: 402-444-1062.
Throughout the year, The World-Herald captures breathtaking shots of your favorite local athletics teams and their fans, freezing in time the moments that stick with you for a lifetime. Click here to see the commemorative pages.
Aug. 31: South Alabama, 11 a.m. (ESPN)
Sept. 7: at Colorado, 2:30 p.m. (FOX)
Sept. 14: Northern Illinois, 7 p.m. (FS1)
Sept. 21: at Illinois
Sept. 28: Ohio State
Oct. 5: Northwestern, 2:30 or 3 p.m.
Oct. 12: at Minnesota
Oct. 26: Indiana
Nov. 2: at Purdue
Nov. 16: Wisconsin
Nov. 23: at Maryland
Nov. 29: Iowa, 1:30 p.m. (BTN)
Video: Carriker Chronicles
The Scott Frost saga would prove to be one of the most remarkable sports stories in many years in Nebraska, an epic tale playing out over 79 days in Orlando, Lincoln and other locales from Pennsylvania to California. This six-part series — written by Henry Cordes and illustrated by Matt Hane…
Football season has arrived and with it new things for Husker fans to consider: Clear bags. Sweeter scoreboard images. Eight new honorees. Twitter captioning.
Get the latest Nebraska recruiting headlines, as well as player cards for each Husker football commit complete with recruiting rankings, photos, videos and more.
Take a look back at 129 seasons of Nebraska football with our ever-growing Husker history database, complete with photos, stories and more.
How stocked is Nebraska at each position? Reference our scholarship distribution chart for the Husker football team indicating how many players hold scholarships at each position, arranged by their year in school.
In a historic series, The World-Herald honors Nebraska's all-time greatest athletes. The Nebraska 100, originally selected in 2005 and then updated and re-ranked in 2015, came from a pool of nearly 500 names from the ranks of high school, college, amateur and professional sports from the pas…
- With collaborative coaching and greater depth, special teams could lead a Husker football revival
- 3 spots remain for Husker football trivia night with tickets to a game on the line. Sign up here
- Jacksonville Jaguars release former Husker quarterback Tanner Lee
- Husker offensive line takes hit to depth after season-ending injury to backup Christian Gaylord
- Husker practice report, Aug. 16: Nebraska needs to be smart, not just talented, Scott Frost says
- Son of Nebraska coach Tony Tuioti, Teivis Tuioti is no stranger to learning new systems
- It's 'going to be a dogfight' for the three Huskers competing for Nebraska's libero spot
- Voice of Husker basketball Kent Pavelka has a new honor — and a new tattoo on his wrist