The annual Girl Scouts cookie sale in Omaha was a little different back in 1949. The money raised from the cookie sale then was used to finance CampMaha and day camps in the city parks. And the cookies were made here then. Watching the first batch being prepared at Merchants Biscuit Company at 4301 N. 30th St. on Feb. 25, 1949, were Jackie Richardson, left, Theresa Sukovaty and Gayle Fried. To order reprints of any World-Herald photo, contact The World-Herald library at 402-444-1014 or OWHstore@owh.com.