General Information, Contract and Copy Regulations
- Retail advertising rates apply to businesses located within The World-Herald
circulation area of Nebraska and southwest Iowa. The business must have
a permanent location (12-month lease or own building) where the products
or services are purchased from that location.
- The publisher shall not be liable for slight changes or typographical errors
that do not lessen the value of an advertisement. The publisher’s liability
for other errors or omissions in connection with an advertisement is strictly
limited to the first published insertion and not to exceed the cost of
- The advertiser and/or advertising agency agrees to defend and indemnify the
publisher against any and all liability, loss or expenses arising from
claims of libel, unfair competition, unfair trade practices, infringement
of trademarks, copyrights, trade names, patents or proprietary rights or
violation of rights of privacy resulting from the publication of the advertiser’s
- Any advertising agency establishing credit and placing advertising with the
Omaha World-Herald shall be liable for payment of all media invoices. Any
written or verbal agreement or statement policy pertaining to “sequential
liability” contained on insertion orders from the agency shall be subject
to conditions stated under the Omaha World-Herald Credit Policy, which
will be provided upon request. The terms of this Agreement may not be
supplemented or revised by insertion order or other documents submitted
by Agency or Advertiser to order or request advertising, it being expressly
agreed that this Agreement shall govern the terms, rates, conditions and
liabilities of and for all advertising hereunder.
- In the event of any direct tax or levy being applied to advertising, this
tax or levy will become an additional charge to the advertiser, over and
above the rates mentioned herein.
- Publisher reserves the right to revise rate or rates on any accepted contract
or order at any time upon 30 days’ written notice. During a period of 14
days after receiving such written notice, the advertiser may cancel or
alter the agreement without penalty. This option excludes contracts expiring
concurrent with any revision in rates.
- The subject matter, form, size, wording, illustration and typography of all
advertising is subject to the approval of the publisher. No objectionable
medical, personal, matrimonial, clairvoyant or palmistry advertising accepted;
no oil, mining, stock promotions or financial advertising other than those
of securities of known value will be accepted.
- Advertising set solid or in reading matter type, or advertising which simulates
editorial content, or advertising that is deemed political, must carry
the word “Advertisement” over every two columns in width.
- Key letters, numbers, codes and symbols inserted in coupons or text of advertisements
are at the risk of the advertiser, unless when part of the mechanical or
reproduction materials are furnished by the advertiser.
- Position requests - Advertisers can request specific sections or pages. We
will make every effort to satisfy the advertisers' request, but we do not
guarantee ad position and will not credit advertising as a result of ad
- All advertising is payable in advance, unless credit has been established
with the Credit Department. It is agreed that where monthly credit is
granted, payment terms are net 15 days from the date of the invoice.
- Retail rates are not commissionable, and there is no cash discount.
- Copy and indemnification. Advertiser shall indemnify and save The World-Herald
harmless from any loss or expense resulting from claims or suits based
on the contents of the copy submitted to The World-Herald. The World-Herald
owns all right, title and interest (including copyright) to any article,
content or creative work (including advertising or marketing materials)
prepared or created by The World-Herald, its employees, contractors or
representatives (collectively, the “Work Product”), The Work Product may
not be used or published in any manner without The World-Herald’s prior
written permission other than in a publication owned by The World-Herald.