ASHLAND, Neb. — The sun had just risen over the Platte River and the summer heat was starting to replace the morning air as five star football players waited in a boxing arena that was built during the Great Depression but looks as if it has been there for centuries.
- Ask Amy: Why can't I rent my own cabin instead of sleeping on the floor during family reunions?
- Sarpy County collects 83 guns and more than 1,000 pounds of ammo, fireworks during amnesty day
- Assistant professor of theology named Concordia's interim boss
- Man crashed into Gretna High after medical emergency, police say
- Susan Fritz becomes first woman to lead University of Nebraska system
- Former Speaker of the Legislature Mike Flood seeks to reclaim District 19 seat
Popular on Omaha.com
In Case You Missed It
A Pulitzer-winning script, performances and other details make the show an excellent (if hard to watch) season-opener.