“Little House on the Prairie,” published in 1935, is the fictionalized memoir of a real-life prairie girl whose perspective glances at — but does not dig into — the tragic outcomes that white settlement had for the land’s original inhabitants.
- Laura Ingalls Wilder's name stripped from children's book award over 'Little House' depictions of Native Americans
- Grace: ‘We are all Americans’ — On Fourth of July, neighbors find common ground despite political divide
- Grace: Slain Maryland newspaper staffers were people just like me — and you
- Grace: To get mom business, Immanuel Medical Center goes natural and upscale
- Grace: Gerda Bailey's wishes at the end were to see her namesake Omaha bakery live on