Ten people have submitted applications for an open spot on the Sarpy County Court bench.
A public hearing will be held this month where the public can comment about the candidates for the opening on the 2nd Judicial District, which covers Sarpy, Cass and Otoe counties.
The vacancy was created by the appointment of Judge Jeffrey J. Funke to the District Court.
Applying for the County Court appointment are:
• Vicki L. Adams, Papillion
• Stephanie R. Hansen, Omaha
• Julie A. Martin, Omaha
• Stefanie A. Martinez, Papillion
• S. Colin Palm, Bellevue
• Jenniffer A. Panko-Rahe, Syracuse
• Christopher M. Perrone, Papillion
• Michael A. Smith, Springfield
• Thomas P. Strigenz, Papillion and
• George A. Thompson, Papillion
The Judicial Nominating Commission will meet at the Sarpy County Courthouse, 1210 Golden Gate Drive, in Papillion at 10 a.m. on Nov. 21 in County Courtroom No. 2. The commission will review all applicants, and public testimony will be permitted.
Anyone requiring special accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act can call 402-471-3730 to make arrangements. Those with hearing impairments can use the Nebraska Relay System, 7-1-1.