'This stuff is worse than cocaine,' dad of teen who died of K-2 overdose says at seminar

Print
Font Size:
Default font size
Larger font size

Posted: Monday, December 30, 2013 12:00 am

Not even the fear of death can make Jake England stop using synthetic marijuana.

England's mother, Lee Brandt of Wilber, Neb., is at her wit's end. Her 22-year-old son has been in and out of rehab, in jail and currently is under a doctor's care. Even so, he hasn't completely kicked synthetic marijuana — often called “K2” — even though he knows an overdose of the legal drug killed a Greenwood teenager in November.

Subscription Required

An online service is needed to view this article in its entirety. You need an online service to view this article in its entirety.

Login

You must login to view the full content on this page.

Thank you for reading and relying on Omaha.com for your news and information. You have now viewed your 30 day allowance of 15 free Omaha.com articles. If you are an Omaha World-Herald Subscriber please click here. If you are not an Omaha World-Herald Subscriber and would like to have Unlimited access to all Digital Products please click here. If you have any questions or need further information please call 402-346-3363 or 1-800-234-6942 or email customer.service@owh.com You need an online service to view this article in its entirety.

Login

Copyright ©2014 Omaha World-Herald. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, displayed or redistributed for any purpose without permission from the Omaha World-Herald. To purchase rights to republish this article, please contact The World-Herald Store.

loading...

World-Herald Alerts

Want to get World-Herald stories sent directly to your home or work computer? Sign up for Omaha.com's News Alerts and you will receive e-mails with the day's top stories.