School employees rescue person from doorway of burning home
The fire at 9242 Larimore Ave., which is across the street from St. James/Seton Catholic School, was reported shortly before 2:30 p.m. Flames were contained to the living room, and firefighters had it under control within 10 minutes. Two people were injured in the blaze, and three pets were killed.
Posted: Wednesday, April 2, 2014 12:00 am
Two school employees who spotted a fire across the street rescued a person from a burning house Wednesday, Omaha fire officials said.
The person was pulled from inside the front doorway at 9242 Larimore Ave. before firefighters arrived, said Dan Olsen, acting assistant fire chief.
Copyright ©2014 Omaha World-Herald. All rights reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, displayed or redistributed for any purpose without permission from the Omaha World-Herald.
To purchase rights to republish this article, please contact The World-Herald Store.
Wednesday, April 2, 2014 12:00 am.