Posted: Monday, December 9, 2013 12:00 am
Twelve house fires in Nebraska and southwest Iowa over the weekend forced about 50 people out of their homes, according to the American Red Cross.
Though it was not clear what caused many of the fires, the agency on Monday reminded people to be careful with fuel sources, fires and candles in the winter.
Copyright ©2014 Omaha World-Herald. All rights reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, displayed or redistributed for any purpose without permission from the Omaha World-Herald.
To purchase rights to republish this article, please contact The World-Herald Store.
Monday, December 9, 2013 12:00 am.