Fire officials: It's 'highly probable' space heaters caused blaze that killed 2 kids
In this photo from Champaine C. Harn's Facebook page, her three kids are pictured. Adrianna Rodriguez, 1, left, escaped the fire at the mobile home park on Wednesday. Gabriel Rodriguez, 3, and Brandon Rodriguez, 3 months old, died.
Posted: Thursday, January 2, 2014 12:00 am
Updated: 11:26 am, Tue Mar 25, 2014.
The American Red Cross and Omaha fire officials are reminding people to be cautious when using auxiliary heat sources, especially space heaters.
The reminder comes after an increase in the number of fires caused by space heaters, fireplaces, stoves and other heating sources.
Copyright ©2014 Omaha World-Herald. All rights reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, displayed or redistributed for any purpose without permission from the Omaha World-Herald.
To purchase rights to republish this article, please contact The World-Herald Store.
Thursday, January 2, 2014 12:00 am.
Updated: 11:26 am.