Posted: Monday, September 2, 2013 12:00 am
Family members evacuated their Boys Town home because of a natural gas leak early Monday evening.
The one-inch service line that leads to 113 Maher Drive was ruptured while someone was attempting to cut tree roots with an ax, said Tracey Christensen, spokeswoman for the Metropolitan Utilities District.
Copyright ©2014 Omaha World-Herald. All rights reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, displayed or redistributed for any purpose without permission from the Omaha World-Herald.
To purchase rights to republish this article, please contact The World-Herald Store.
Monday, September 2, 2013 12:00 am.