Posted: Wednesday, September 11, 2013 12:00 am
COUNCIL BLUFFS — A gas leak just south of downtown on Wednesday forced several homes to be evacuated.
Council Bluffs Police Sgt. Chris Leber said an underground gas line was struck at 8:20 a.m. during construction in the area of South First Street near Damon and Knepper Streets. Police blocked surrounding streets until the leak was repaired.
Copyright ©2014 Omaha World-Herald. All rights reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, displayed or redistributed for any purpose without permission from the Omaha World-Herald.
To purchase rights to republish this article, please contact The World-Herald Store.
Wednesday, September 11, 2013 12:00 am.