After cigarette fires, butts are getting the boot at Omaha apartment complex
In the past 15 months, the Hillsborough Pointe apartment complex, northwest of 144th Street and West Maple Road, has had three fires — all of which were blamed on careless disposal of cigarettes.
Posted: Monday, April 7, 2014 12:00 am
Most of the residents in a large Omaha apartment complex damaged three times recently by fires are complying with a new nonsmoking policy there, the complex's manager said.
Shawn Knudsen, manager at Hillsborough Pointe apartments northwest of 144th Street and West Maple Road, said the ban applies to all properties in the 480-apartment, 20-building complex. Residents are permitted to smoke on sidewalks at least 25 feet from buildings.
Copyright ©2014 Omaha World-Herald. All rights reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, displayed or redistributed for any purpose without permission from the Omaha World-Herald.
To purchase rights to republish this article, please contact The World-Herald Store.
Monday, April 7, 2014 12:00 am.