* * *
Count 'em : So far, 45 retailers and four eateries — Scooter's coffeehouse, Subway, Auntie Anne's and Bakery Express — are planning to open stores at the new Nebraska Crossing Outlets mall.
And the outlet mall's list of stores continues to grow almost weekly, with the mall scheduled to open Nov. 15 — in time for this year's holiday shopping season.
14 new retailers, 3 new eateries
The roster of retailers opening factory or outlet stores at the new Nebraska Crossing Outlets mall in Gretna continues to expand. Mall developers have announced 14 new stores and three new eateries, joining a half-dozen retailers announced earlier this month.
The latest stores include:
• Eddie Bauer
• Lucky Brand
• Crabtree & Evelyn
• Kitchen Collection
• The Children's Place
• Gold Toe
• Motherhood Maternity
• Sunglass Hut
• Auntie Anne's
• Bakery Express
The mall developers, Rod Yates of OTB Destination and majority mall owner Frank Krejci of Omaha's Century Development, are promising to announce the arrival of more factory or outlet stores before opening day.
“We'll be opening with 65 brands,” Yates said as he inspected the mall's pedestrian-only corridors on a recent afternoon.
The 350,000-square-foot open-air shopping center, situated at the intersection of Interstate 80 and U.S. Highways 6 and 31, was designed by Avant Architects and is being built by Kiewit Building Group, both of Omaha. The buildings are taking shape, the walls are up, the insulation is being installed and surfaces are getting their first coat of paint or final siding.
Along Interstate 80 and Highway 31, a series of steel pylons, 50-foot digital structures, have been erected. When completed, they will point the way to the new mall, whose “rural modern” architecture draws its inspiration — shapes, color scheme and landscaping — from the prairie. Burnished yellows, burnt oranges, barn-side reds and other hues are intended to complement and complete the mall's design.
Even the old “Nebraska Crossing” water tower is due for a face-lift, Yates said, and will be transformed into a digital beacon for the $112 million center.
Multiple entrances will lead into the open-air mall, which Yates said he expects will draw 3 million to 4 million visitors each year from a 150-mile radius, create 500 to 600 full- and part-time jobs and generate an estimated $150 million in yearly sales.
There are tentative plans for a mall job fair next month and plans for bus companies to provide excursions to the mall.
To date, these are the businesses that will open at Nebraska Crossing Outlets:
Click here for an enlarged map.
• Adidas: Sporting goods, footwear and apparel for men and women
• American Eagle Outfitters: Trend-setting apparel for men and women
• Ann Taylor: Women's fashion apparel and accessories
• Banana Republic: Stylish casual and workplace fashions for men and women
• Brooks Brothers: Apparel and accessories for men and women
• Carter's: Baby and children's clothing, gifts and accessories
• Chico's: Exclusively designed clothing and accessories for women
• The Children's Place: Children's clothing and accessories
• Claire's: Jewelry and accessories for young women
• Coach: Purses, handbags, footwear, leather goods and accessories for men and women
• Cole Haan: Shoes, accessories and apparel for men and women
• Converse: Men's, women's and children's footwear and sportswear
• Corning: Dinnerware and bakeware
• Crabtree & Evelyn: Bath and body products, fragrances, gifts and gourmet foods
• Dressbarn: Contemporary women's apparel
• Eddie Bauer: Men's and women's classic and outdoor clothing and accessories and gear
• Famous Footwear: Brand name, athletic, casual and dress shoes for men, women and children
• Gap: Casual apparel for men and women
• Gold Toe: Formal, everyday and casual socks for men, women and children
• Gymboree: Children's clothing and accessories
• Helzberg Diamonds: Diamonds, jewelry and gifts
• J. Crew: Women's and men's apparel, professional and casual
• Johnston & Murphy: Shoes, leather goods and accessories
• Journeys: Footwear and accessories for teens and young men and women
• Justice: Fashion apparel for girls ages 7 to 14
• Kay Jewelers: Jewelry and gifts
• Kitchen Collection: Kitchen tools and products, including KitchenAid, Krups and Cuisinart
• Lane Bryant: Women's plus-size apparel and accessories
• Levi's: Jeans and casual wear for men, women and children
• Lids: Hats, caps, NFL, MLB, NBA and other team apparel
• Loft: Fashion apparel and accessories for women
• Lucky Brand: Vintage jeans, tops and other clothing and accessories for men, women and children
• Maurices: Dressy, career and casual apparel for girls and women, sizes 1-24
• Michael Kors: Classic sportswear and fashions, footwear and apparel for women by designer Michael Kors
• Motherhood Maternity: Apparel for expectant and new mothers, including Heidi Klum and Jessica Simpson brands
• Nike: Athletic footwear, apparel and equipment
• OshKosh B'gosh: Children's clothing and accessories
• Polo Ralph Lauren: Apparel, accessories and fragrances for men and women
• Rue21: Casual clothing for young women and men
• Skechers: Shoes and accessories for men, women and children
• Sunglass Hut: Lifestyle, sport and performance sunglasses for women
• Swarovski Crystals: Cut crystal, gemstones, watches and accessories
• Under Armour: Athletic apparel, footwear and accessories
• White House Black Market: Black and white apparel with seasonal color splashes for women
• Wilsons Leather: Leather jackets, coats and handbags for men and women
• Auntie Anne's: Pretzels, snacks and drinks
• Bakery Express: Gourmet desserts, doughnuts, pastries, sandwiches, salads and soups
• Scooter's: Omaha-based food and coffee shop
• Subway: Submarine sandwiches, drinks and snacks