Over the past year, Husker players reflected on these competing parenting styles, how they impacted the coaching transition and how comfort finally paved the way to progress. Players loved Bo Pelini because he nourished them with daily inspiration, direction and guidance. Mike Riley is playing a longer game.
- Barfknecht: These Badgers look like a team NU fans would recognize, appreciate
- Shatel: Barry Alvarez aimed to coach at Nebraska but is proud to mirror Bob Devaney’s steps
- Nebraska's Mark Banker too focused on defense’s flaws to savor its gains
- Husker notes: NU trying to remain poised in the noise; Langsdorf: Armstrong must play smart and more
- Game predictions: Nebraska the heavy underdog for first time this season