One of the most powerful men in the Nebraska football program never played football at all — well, one year he did suit up — and somehow, he found his way to Lincoln, Nebraska, where he goes to work every day at Memorial Stadium.
- Trent Bray stays put and gets raise, pushing Nebraska assistant salaries near $4 million
- Kade Warner, son of former NFL QB Kurt Warner, will join Huskers as preferred walk-on
- Cethan Carter, Nate Gerry will represent Nebraska at NFL combine
- New Husker safeties coach Bob Elliott is respected technician who has worked in the territory
- Shatel: Husker hire Bob Elliott has veteran coaching chops, Midwest football know-how