The Creighton women celebrated Senior Day with a 6-1 rout of Xavier on Sunday afternoon at Morrison Stadium.
Now that Creighton is cruising at higher altitudes, does it still have room for prospects like Korver, whose final three college options were CU, Green Bay and Northern Arizona? Will it still recruit Doug McDermotts and Anthony Tollivers, the late-bloomers who made Creighton what it is?
The Creighton volleyball team won its 10th straight match Saturday, rallying for a 23-25, 25-23, 27-25, 25-19 win against Marquette. The Bluejays (16-6, 10-0) now lead second-place Marquette (18-5, 8-3) by three games in the Big East standings.
More Creighton Bluejays coverage
Men's soccer schedule
Aug. 17: CU 2, Missouri State 0 (exh.)
Aug. 20: Wisconsin 3, CU 1 (exh.)
Aug. 26: CU 2, Rutgers 0
Aug. 29: San Francisco, ccd.
Sept. 2: Clemson 1, CU 0
Sept. 5: CU 1, UNO 1, 2OT
Sept. 9: CU 3, Pennsylvania 0
Sept. 13: CU 3, UMKC 0
Sept. 17: CU 4, Seton Hall 1
Sept. 21: CU 0, Denver 0
Sept. 24: CU 4, DePaul 1
Sept. 27: CU 3, Loyola Chicago 0
Oct. 1: CU 1, St. John’s 1, 2OT
Oct. 7: CU 1, Butler 0
Oct. 11: Tulsa 2, CU 1
Oct. 15: CU 2, Marquette 1
Oct. 22: Villanova 1, CU 0
Oct. 26: at Xavier, 6 p.m.
Oct. 29: Providence, 7 p.m.
Nov. 3: Georgetown, 7 p.m.
Big East tournament
» Nov. 6-13, TBA
In a historic series, The World-Herald honors Nebraska's all-time greatest athletes. The Nebraska 100, originally selected in 2005 and then updated and re-ranked in 2015, came from a pool of nearly 500 names from the ranks of high school, college, amateur and professional sports from the pas…
- Creighton women’s offense surges for Senior Day victory
- Chatelain: Creighton recruiting changes in Big East, but let’s hope there’s still room for Korver types
- Jaali Winters helps Jays extend winning streak to 10 with victory over Marquette
- Creighton falls to Villanova on the road
- Recapping Creighton's intrasquad scrimmage
- Mad Chatter: Who Huskers should root for Saturday in Iowa City; best moment from McDermott-Korver; Cubs one win away
- Creighton sophomore Peter Prescott helping anchor a rebuilt but effective defense
- Creighton sweeps DePaul, builds win streak to nine