* * * * * * * * * *
Brad's afternoon edition. Click here to read Brad's morning jokes.
* After the temperature reached 51 degrees in Omaha on Thursday, it snowed Thursday night. If you're keeping track, spring in Omaha lasted about four hours.
* Here's a good indication your relationship is in trouble: your significant other blows off Valentine's Day dinner to watch Olympic curling.
* Ah, love in 2014. The average young American sent his valentine a romantic tweet, followed by a sensual Instagram photo, a flirtatious Snapchat picture and then a Facebook post expressing hope that maybe one day they can actually meet.
* A sheriff in a northern Georgia county canceled Valentine's Day. This ought to be enough to win the men's vote in the next election.
* Clay Aiken is running for Congress in North Carolina. He's expected to receive lots of votes from people who'd just like to see a former "American Idol" runner-up who has a job.
* Aiken is running on a platform that the current Congress is dysfunctional. You know Washington, D.C., is a mess when the guy who lost to Ruben Studdard sounds like the voice of reason.
* I wouldn't say Aiken is alleged to have had a lot of plastic surgery, but he threw his nose into the ring.
* The big story: Vladimir Putin paid a surprise visit to the U.S. Olympic team. Well, he stopped by to pick up his cameras from the restrooms.
* Putin left after realizing nobody had a Super Bowl ring to trade.
* The weather is so warm in Sochi, the Finland men's hockey team rode bicycles to a game. You things are topsy-turvy when commuters in Atlanta are traveling on luges.
* The other networks have given up trying to program opposite NBC's coverage of the Winter Olympics. Last night, ABC just showed some guy's Facebook look back video.
* During every Winter Olympics, people reflect on the Miracle on Ice, which, for me, was that time I drove to work in 16 inches of snow in my Ford Maverick.
* Sochi City Hall has ordered the killing of stray dogs during the Winter Olympics. Before the next Olympics, can we check to make sure that the host city has a moral compass from this century?
* My national pride is surging after the U.S. swept the slopestyle, whatever that is.
* President Obama took to Twitter to urge that no one spoil the ending of "House of Cards." Apparently we paid off the national debt and Obamacare is now perfect?