* * * * * * * * * *
Brad's morning edition. Check back this afternoon for more jokes from Brad.
* Omaha is bracing for moderate snowfall. Pay attention, officials in Atlanta. There's a pretty good chance we're about to make you look prepared.
* Now, remember Omaha's emergency snow parking policy. Motorists whose last names contain more consonants than vowels park on the south side of the street on alternate days. Or something like that.
* The developers of the new Crossroads Village are planning luxury brands and one-of-a-kind retailers. I think, at this point, regular Crossroads shoppers would settle for a functioning Orange Julius stand.
* I don't think the people behind NASA's Mars expedition are as ambitious as the Crossroads developers.
* The demolition phase of Crossroads redevelopment could begin as early as this summer. Based on the condition of the mall, regular Crossroads shoppers assumed the demolition phase began in 2002.
* Nebraska State Sen. Charlie Janssen is abandoning his run for governor. Oh, no! This leaves the Republicans with only 49 remaining candidates.
* I'm not sure why Janssen is dropping out of the race. He was probably tired of being referred to as "What's His Name" during debates.
* On Groundhog Day, Pete Ricketts saw his shadow -- and it was Jon Bruning.
* A Bellevue mom won the Wing Bowl in Philadelphia by eating 363 chicken wings in 30 minutes. How awkward is it when she tells her kids to chew their food slowly?
* James Taylor will play Lincoln's Pinnacle Bank Arena. He'll likely be singing "You've Got a Friend." You do have a friend, Pinnacle Bank Arena; it's just not the CenturyLink Center.
* In Grand Island, a small SUV carrying 100 chickens was pulled over by law enforcement. I've had worse carpools.
* Facebook turns 10 years old Tuesday. To celebrate, everyone will post photos of themselves having a better time than they actually are.
* In an attempt to relate to Americans, President Obama visited a Costco. Then, he stopped by Target to have his credit info pilfered.
* President Obama recently stopped at a Costco warehouse in Maryland. This is when you know we're still on shaky economic ground -- the president is filling out a Costco card application.
* When they got to the part about the president being in debt for $15 trillion, Obama was denied.
* The NSA denies spying on Congress. Why would anyone spy on Congress? To get dirt on members of Congress? You can pick up any newspaper in the world and find that.
* Michelle Obama just did an interview with People magazine. This is great! Now, we'll learn if the president prefers boxers or briefs, his favorite oatmeal and whether he snores.