* * * * * * * * * *
Brad's morning edition. Check back this afternoon for more jokes from Brad.
* Punxsutawney Phil saw his shadow. That meant six more weeks of Super Bowl pregame show.
* Punxsutawney Phil predicted six more weeks of winter. Historically, he's been right 39 percent of the time, which is about 17 percent better than Omaha TV meteorologists.
* In a sign of how this winter has gone, the groundhog predicted, “It's gonna be cold for a few days, then unseasonably warm, then really cold, then warm ...”
* Since 1887, Phil has been right 39 percent of the time. You'd think people would've gotten suspicious of his prognosticating ability somewhere around 1889.
* Phil predicted six more weeks of winter. The Nebraska Legislature immediately announced plans to hold a lottery to hunt groundhogs.
* It was so chilly at the Super Bowl that some of the people in the GoDaddy ads were clothed.
* The Seahawks won easily. I only hope now the players don't start acting cocky.
* I wouldn't say Peyton Manning had a bad Super Bowl, but in Omaha we've got a penguin to rename.
* How about that halftime show? I drove to Lincoln and back during Bruno Mars' drum solo.
* There's one down note. Bruno Mars' hair tested positive for performance enhancers.
* Famed opera soprano Renee Fleming sang the national anthem. Apparently Kellie Pickler turned 'em down?
* It was not a good game. I give you the “Columbo meter.” That's when I switch to MeTV in the third quarter to see which episode of “Columbo” is being rerun.
* Right now it's a tossup whose legacy will suffer the most: Peyton Manning's, Joe Namath's or that of the cast of “Full House.”
* There's a lot of Denver Broncos love around here. In the fourth quarter, Seahawks QB Russell Wilson was sacked by members of the Greater Omaha Chamber of Commerce.
* New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie was booed at a Super Bowl event. I'm told that the traffic jam after the game was probably unrelated to this incident.
* Commissioner Roger Goodell sat in the stands for most of the game. At one point he had to be rescued after trying to fine the inebriated NFL fans around him for wearing nonapproved socks.