* * * * * * * * * *
Brad's morning edition. Check back this afternoon for more jokes from Brad.
* An Interstate construction project is under way in Council Bluffs. It will cost $2 billion. And that’s just for the funky overpass artwork.
* In McCook, Neb., a bread bakery that was around for 50 years is closing. To give you an inkling of how little turnover there is in towns like this, the bakery got the short-term lease because it was gonna be there for 50 years.
* In Omaha, a limited-release bottle of beer sells for $18. Omaha may be the only place where people balk at paying property taxes but have little trouble shelling over $18 for a beer.
* It’s designed for serious beer drinkers. That describes only 80 percent of Omahans.
* President Obama delivered his State of the Union address Tuesday night. In a sign our increasing narcissism, he stopped twice to take a selfie.
* Millions of Americans tuned in for the State of the Union for one all-important reason: to see what Michelle Obama was wearing.
* There was an official tea party response to Obama’s speech. Well, some guy mooned the camera.
* Some say Obama’s speech consisted of too many old ideas. Like when he called for the invention of the steam engine.
* In a sign of the immaturity in Congress, during the speech, John Boehner was making rabbit ears behind the president’s head.
* The original plan called for Obama to deliver his State of the Union from the set of Jimmy Fallon’s late-night show. Then cooler heads prevailed.
* The acrimony in Washington, D.C., is out of control. Instead of polite applause, when cameras cut to the gallery, a chorus of Republicans was chanting, "Say what?"
* This was Obama’s fifth State of the Union speech. I think he’s getting tired of it. The speech ended with him saying "yadda, yadda, yadda."
* In the middle of Obama’s address, all the reporters ran out after rumor spread Richard Sherman was across town.
* Obama said he was, in many cases, willing to go it alone and bypass Congress. This would essentially render members of Congress well-paid garden gnomes.
* This is insulting. When Obama made a key point, cameras cut to Joe Biden. He was practicing his putting.
* After the State of the Union, Obama was scheduled to depart on a four-state tour. Of course, even if it was a 44-state tour, he wouldn't come to Nebraska.
* It’s obvious the only way Obama’s coming here is if he visits a neighboring state during 80 mph winds and is blown here.