* * * * * * * * * *
Brad's afternoon edition. Click here to read Brad's morning jokes.
* The first meteor shower of 2014 occurred Friday. Unfortunately, the view from Earth was spoiled due to all the recreational marijuana smoke emanating from Colorado.
* The meteor shower was only half as impressive as the Rose Parade.
* VH1's new show "Couples Therapy" features the former Council Bluffs "Teen Mom." Thank goodness. We hadn't heard anything from her for almost 72 hours. I was starting to worry.
* Toronto Mayor Rob Ford has filed papers to run for re-election. Well, good luck digging up any dirt on this guy.
* Due to Winter Storm Hercules, there are reports that airport delays may be "excessive." By the time some passengers get home, the kids will be all grown up.
* It's so cold and snowy back east, residents of New York City are going to the restroom indoors.
* "Wolf of Wall Street" set a record by saying the 'F-word' 506 times. Remember when we used to have Christmas movies like "Miracle on 34th Street"?
* I saw a list online of "New Year's resolutions for dogs." We've gotten to the point where the only hope of anyone in the family keeping a New Year's resolution falls on the dog.
* CNN.com profiled a new U.S. "super-secret stealth drone" capable of flying for up to 24 hours behind enemy lines. To learn about enemy weapons, the NSA has to tap into world leaders' phones. To learn about U.S. secrets, our enemies just have to log onto CNN.com.
* Target stores admitted another glitch: the sale of broken gift cards. I don't think this much went wrong in "National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation."
* One more glitch and Kathleen Sebelius becomes the new Target spokeswoman.
* Twins that arrived three minutes apart on New Year's Eve and New Year's Day were born in different years. The parents will make millions in bar bets alone.
* Russia just ushered in the new year. And I believe that year is 1952.
* Husker fans are still talking about Quincy Enunwa's 99-yard touchdown catch in the Gator Bowl. To give you an idea how fast Enunwa was running, at the 40-yard-line, he passed Dale Earnhardt Jr.'s car.
* Oklahoma defeated Alabama in the Sugar Bowl the day after Nebraska defeated Georgia in the Gator Bowl. Does the Southeastern Conference have an inferiority complex yet?
* According to The Hollywood Reporter, "47 Ronin," the new Keanu Reeves movie, could lose $175 million. Do you think the confusing title may be partly to blame? "Nah, I don't wanna see '47 Ronin.' A movie about a bad used car?"
* College football players never lose sight of the most important thing this time of year: It's not whether you win or lose, but how much swag you get in your bowl gift bag that matters.
* Tiger Woods turned 38 on Dec. 30. Remember back in the glory days when we thought Tiger would be shooting his age about now?
* NHL player Travis Zajac scored a game-winning goal when the puck deflected off his face. I'll enter into evidence item No. 1,000 that hockey players are probably our toughest athletes.