* * * * * * * * * *
Brad's morning edition. Check back this afternoon for more jokes from Brad.
* A quick note: If you think the most significant thing about Veterans Day is you get to park for free downtown, you need to pick up a history book.
* A 600-yard tunnel was discovered between San Diego and Tijuana. The tunnel was completed quickly and with little fuss. I say we need to find those responsible and put them in charge of Omaha road construction.
* The Interstate 80 widening between Omaha and Lincoln is nearing completion. I wouldn't say the Interstate 80 widening took awhile, but it was initially begun to improve Pony Express service.
* Pink performed at the Pinnacle Bank Arena on Saturday night. For one night, Kenny Bell had only the second weirdest hair in town.
* At the MTV Europe Music Awards in Amsterdam, Miley Cyrus reportedly smoked a marijuana joint onstage. She's now the surprise front-runner to be the next football coach at Florida Atlantic.
* Miley Cyrus in Amsterdam resulted in some inappropriate behavior. There's a surprise.
* Fed-up Walmart workers started a petition demanding to meet with President Obama. John Boehner, Mitch McConnell and Joe Biden said, “That sounds like a good idea” and began their own petition demanding to meet with Obama.
* This month marks the 150th anniversary of Abraham Lincoln's Gettysburg Address. In only 272 words, Lincoln spoke volumes. Contrast that with our leaders today – Sen. Ted Cruz talks for 21 hours and says absolutely nothing.
* World leaders, led by the U.S., have been unable to reach a deal in nuclear talks with Iran. I'm detecting a theme with this administration. Breaking news: The White House's talks with its cable TV provider have broken down without a deal to include Showtime.
* President Obama's approval rating has dropped to an all-time low. His new Secret Service code name is “Jimmy Carter.”
* Friday night, the local college basketball season began. On display: the competition, the oneupsmanship, the trying to get the better of your rival – and that's just between the CenturyLink Center and Pinnacle Bank Arena.
* Tommy Lee performed at the Husker men's basketball game. I hope Tommy had time to attend some classes on the UNL campus. He's only 9,000 hours short of a degree.
* For its home opener vs. Tennessee State on Friday, the Kansas State women's basketball team gave everyone in attendance free bacon. Where does this end? A fan sinks a half-court halftime shot and instead of $100k he gets something he really wants – a side of beef?
* One more nonconference game with Southern Mississippi and the Huskers may need to pass out free bacon to keep the football sellout streak alive.