* * * * * * * * * *
Brad's morning edition. Check back this afternoon for more jokes from Brad.
* Nebraska farmer-rancher Jim Jenkins of Callaway announced he's running for U.S. Senate as an independent, without the backing of either major party. I don't know -- that didn't work out so well for Mitt Romney.
* After the controversial experience with giving away tickets to see Macklemore, all future Creighton ticket giveaways will be limited to Mulberry Lane a cappella shows and Beach Boys' Fourth of July concerts.
* A cold air mass from Canada is predicted to push down into the U.S. next week. Is there any way we can get the cold air mass to stay where it is and instead get Canada's health-care system to push down into the U.S.?
* The Nebraska Tourism Commission is seeking a new slogan to replace “Possibilities...endless.” Residents are invited to go to the website and suggest their own. I went there and suggested “Nebraska: Land of 10 Million Interstate Pot Busts.”
* I also suggested “Visit Nebraska. 50,000 Whooping Cranes Can't Be Wrong.”
* Husker football fans are traveling to a hostile environment up in Minnesota. I'm defining “hostile environment” as a stadium where almost half the fans are from Nebraska and the other half invite you over for a brat after the game.
* There is talk of renovating Eppley Airfield. As if all the road work isn't bad enough, a year from now, there could be orange traffic cones on our airport runways.
* Last week, there was a mountain lion sighting southwest of Des Moines. Not to worry, Iowans -- you have much more to fear from the presidential candidates who will soon be blanketing your state than from a mountain lion.
* A math teaching assistant at the University of Iowa accidentally emailed nude photos of herself to the class instead of a homework assignment. This should do nothing to hurt Iowa's ranking as America's No. 1 party school.
* After Prince George's christening on Wednesday, a photo emerged of George's eight godparents. Wait, there are only seven godparents. “Barbara Walters, would you mind getting out of the picture? Thanks.”
* When the top Obamacare website contractor appeared before Congress on Thursday, members of Congress implied the contractor was inept. Imagine members of Congress implying you're inept? It's like Miley Cyrus saying you dress tacky.
* President Obama is taking drastic steps so that Obamacare doesn't harm his legacy. Today, he proposed changing its name to Bushcare.
* We're just now learning that Iran could have a nuclear bomb in one month. Perhaps instead of monitoring the German chancellor's calls to Jimmy John's, we could have better deployed our resources.
* A U.S Postal Worker in Fresno, Calif., has been fired for throwing away mail related to Obamacare. The good news: The tea party has found its new leader.