ALLISON, Iowa (AP) — Prosecutors have dismissed the remaining four counts of sexual abuse filed against a northern Iowa man who was convicted last week.
Eighty-year-old Clarence Miller was scheduled to stand trials on the four counts starting Monday and on Oct. 28. Winnebago County Attorney Adam Sauer said the counts were dismissed without prejudice, so the state could file another case against Miller based on the same claims. Sauer declined to comment on the dismissals.
A Butler Count jury convicted Miller on Friday of two counts of second-degree sexual abuse involving two 8-year-old girls. Authorities said Miller assaulted the girls at his Thompson home between January 2010 and August 2012. Miller denied any sexual abuse occurred.
He is scheduled to be sentenced Nov. 26.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.