1. Massachusetts (0-3): UMass takes the top spot after losing to Kansas State. The season is tough enough for the Minutemen without having to play a team still angry it lost to North Dakota State.
2. Hawaii (0-2): The Rainbow Warriors were idle on Saturday. You know, the way things have been going, this wouldn’t have been a bad weekend to hold homecoming. Just sayin’.
3. Southern Mississippi (0-3): The Golden Eagles lose to Arkansas 24-3 despite trying a trick play where QB Allan Bridgford throws the ball to a player on his own team.
4. Georgia State (0-3): The forgotten team in Georgia; the one without the big success, huge followings, strong alumni support and sold-out stadiums.
5. Temple (0-3): The Owls fall to Fordham, 30-29. Temple fans are just deliriously happy to be in contention after halftime.
6. New Mexico State (0-3): The Aggies lose to UTEP in the Biggest-Rivalry-Game-That-Nobody-Really-Cares-About-Anyway of the week.
7. South Florida (0-3): South Florida lost to Florida Atlantic on Saturday night. With two struggling programs facing off, this game felt like an early preview of the Belk Bowl.
8. FIU (0-3): FIU loses to Bethune-Cookman which, it turns out, is not an online culinary school.
9. New Mexico (1-2): The Lobos fall to Pittsburgh 49-27 in a season where New Mexico is so weak even Pitt Athletic Director Steve Pederson can’t mess it up.
10. Vladimir Putin: Anyone who dares say America is not an exceptional country is a shoo-in for my Bottom 10, I don’t care how many Super Bowl rings he has.
Also receiving votes: Miami (Ohio), Idaho, college players making more money than me, Connecticut, third-quarter Husker home-field meltdowns, Wisconsin-Arizona State ending, orange traffic cones, Omaha city traffic engineers, Sasquatch, Jon Gruden’s mouth, Memphis.