A 25-year-old man who was revived Wednesday after he was shocked by power lines remains in extremely critical condition, authorities say.
Witnesses said the man was moving a metal ladder when it struck power lines above him, said Officer Michael Pecha, an Omaha police spokesman. An explosion caused the man to fall down, he said.
Police identified the injured man as Pedro Armendariz.
The accident happened at an apartment complex near 108th and Blondo Streets about 11 a.m.
Initial 911 reports said the man was electrocuted. Rescue squad workers revived him while en route to Creighton University Medical Center, said Troy Brannen, the Omaha Fire Department's acting assistant chief.
The explosion caused about 15 homes to lose power for a short time, said Mike Jones, a spokesman for Omaha Public Power District.
Jones said it was his understanding that the man was cleaning gutters at the time of the accident.