HOSKINS, Neb. — A Hoskins man who apparently was mixing fireworks Saturday when they went off was recovering from his injuries at an Omaha hospital.
A fire and rescue spokesman said the fireworks may have been ignited by static electricity.
The man, whose identity was not released, lost a hand and the hearing in one ear, according to a spokesman for Hoskins and Woodland Park Fire & Rescue.
A medical helicopter transported the man to Omaha, the spokesman said. The Wayne County Sheriff's Office said Monday that no further information would be provided because the incident was a private matter and no laws were broken.