* * * * * * * * * *
Brad's afternoon edition. Click here to read his morning jokes.
* An unmanned Russian rocket fell back to earth shortly after liftoff. Uh-oh. It sounds like Edward Snowden has been giving Russia North Korea's secrets.
* India is the latest country to reject Snowden's request for asylum. Snowden has faced more rejection the past few weeks than Paula Deen.
* The field for Wednesday night's Home Run Derby at TD Ameritrade Park has been completed with the addition of two sluggers who drew the short straws.
* There is a cooling trend in the southwest. The temperature in Las Vegas was only expected to hit 116.
* Mariah Carey is accused of lip-syncing at the BET Awards. Spectators knew something was up when Carey only held a note for 27 seconds.
* Mariah Carey? Great, now even performers who can actually sing are lip-syncing.
* Twinkies return to store shelves July 15. So the next time you hear fireworks, it may have nothing to do with the Fourth of July.
* A nude beach in England has banned nudity. This comes after a group of people enjoying the nude beach suddenly sat up and said, "What are we doing? We're British."
* Gwyneth Paltrow is reportedly trying to find dates for Taylor Swift. Trying to find dates for Taylor Swift is a little like holding a fundraiser for Carlos Slim.
* Plans were announced for a "Dumb and Dumber" sequel starring the original cast. In this version, Jim Carrey and Jeff Daniels play Major League Baseball umpires.
* Cubs owner Tom Ricketts is threatening to move the team from Wrigley Field. To give you an idea how long the Cubs have been playing at Wrigley, when they first moved in, their chief competition for fans was a gladiators-vs.-lions venue.
* During a Mariners-Athletics game in Oakland, raw sewage backed up into the clubhouse showers. Apparently "Moneyball" means hiring cheap plumbers, too.