* * * * * * * * * *
This is Brad's afternoon edition. For his morning jokes, click here.
* The temperature was expected to reach the '90s on Tuesday in Omaha. It's so hot, I saw a mirage -- a Big Ten baseball team in the College World Series.
* A research team may be close to finding Amelia Earhart's plane. How are we going to find Earhart's plane? We can't find which Hong Kong hotel the NSA leaker is staying in.
* According to some reports, Lady Gaga is upset about boyfriend Taylor Kinney's friendship with Cameron Diaz. Good news, Omaha -- we may win Gaga back.
* Black Sabbath is releasing its first new album since 1978. That's what we need in these difficult times -- music to make us feel better about the world.
* The Miami Heat have a good luck charm -- a 12-year-old National Anthem singer. She was 9 when the playoffs started.
* Former NFL receiver Chad Johnson was sentenced to 30 days in jail after slapping his lawyer's butt in court. So he was convicted of acting pretty much like you'd expect an NFL receiver to act...
* What sealed Johnson's fate was when he spiked the judge's gavel and poured a bucket of Gatorade over the bailiff.
* Iranian elections will be held June 14, which means the winners of the Iranian elections will be announced on June 13.
* A new website called GuineaPigFashion.com sells clothes for guinea pigs. As if those neckties on Father's Day aren't bad enough, this year they could come from GuineaPigFashion.com.
* It's a sad day in America when our Guinea pigs are dressing better than passengers on commercial airlines.
* The New England Patriots have signed Tim Tebow. I'll keep checking the wires, but so far Tom Brady has yet to retire after realizing he couldn't possibly keep the starting QB job.
* For the first time since 1984, a Big Ten team made the College World Series. I'm trying to confirm that Jim Delany was seen running around the field screaming: "I did it! I did it!"
* After a loss to the Miami Marlins, three New York Mets were demoted to Triple-A. How does this make the poor Miami players feel when the message this sends is: "Lose to the Marlins, and you're not major league baseball material."