* * * * * * * * * *
* On Memorial Day weekend I sat in one spot and did not move. Unfortunately, that spot was in the Zorinsky Lake parking lot.
* Over the three-day weekend, Omahans flocked to see a replica of Sue the Tyrannosaurus rex on display at the Durham Museum. T. rex roamed the earth 67 million years ago. To put that in perspective, it's the length of two NBA playoffs.
* To set up the Sue replica required a detailed, painstaking process to assemble thousands of fragments. But even the guy in charge of this has an unassembled IKEA couch sitting in a box in his living room.
* Gov. Dave Heineman announced he will not run for the open Senate seat from Nebraska. This will allow him to spend more time with his loved ones — the other three guys in his regular golf foursome.
* Heineman said a run for U.S. Senate would distract him from his real priorities — breaking 80 and eliminating his slice.
* Opening day attendance at the Big Ten baseball tournament was 773. In a desperate attempt to get people to show up, the Big Ten thought about bringing in John Stamos on bongos.
* The great thing about holding the Big Ten baseball tournament in the 39,000-seat Target Field is that every fan got a concourse to himself.
* The Packers said they want Brett Favre 'back in the family.' Careful, Packers. Favre is the football version of the uncle who comes from out of town for the holiday and doesn't leave for six months.