The Omaha Public Schools named eight new principals Tuesday for the 2013-14 school year.
Interim Superintendent Virginia Moon made the following changes:
• Nicole Lanum, currently the principal of Washington Elementary School in Fremont, Neb., will be the new principal at Beals Elementary, 1720 S. 48th St.
• LeDonna York, Beals principal, will be the principal at Franklin Elementary, 3506 Franklin St.
• Decua Jean-Baptiste, principal at Franklin, will be the principal at Masters Elementary, 5505 N. 99th St. Jacki Weir, current principal at Masters, is retiring.
• William Schmidt, assistant principal at Pawnee Elementary, will be the next leader of Catlin Magnet Center, 12736 Marinda St.
• Scott Sturgeon, Catlin principal, will be the principal at Hartman Elementary, 5530 N. 66th St.
• Shelly Burghardt, Hartman principal, will be the principal at Central Park Elementary, 4904 N. 42nd St. Cathy Christensen, a retired OPS principal, came out of retirement this school year to lead Central Park because the school's former principal was reassigned.
• Dan Hoeck, principal at King Elementary, will be the principal at Florence Elementary, 7902 N. 36th St.
• Stephanie Black, Florence principal, will be the principal at King Elementary, 3706 Maple St.