* * * * * * * * * *
Brad's afternoon edition. Click here to read his morning edition.
* Before leaving the Middle East, President Obama went on a walking tour of a town in Jordan. I think with the sequester cuts he just can't afford gas.
* Solar technology research is now being referred to as "Green Tech." Green Tech? That sounds like a school that upset a No. 2 seed in the NCAA Tournament.
* I don't like to criticize refs, but they called the Creighton-Duke game pretty close. After the game ended, a Creighton player slapped a Duke player on the rump and referees awarded the Duke player two free throws.
* UCLA fired coach Ben Howland. The school will have to pay up for a new coach. Reportedly, their leading candidates want "USC player money."
* On Saturday morning, President Obama flew back to Washington from the Middle East. I'm trying to confirm that Obama ended his trip a day early and rushed home due to the chaos that is the average American's NCAA tournament bracket.
* Someone in New Jersey won the $338 million Powerball lottery. Interestingly, your odds of winning were better than getting fewer than eight wrong in this year's NCAA tournament bracket.
* There was an unexplained streaking blur of light across the Eastern seaboard over the weekend. Experts believe it was either a meteorite or the Georgetown team bus leaving Philadelphia after the team lost to Florida Gulf Coast.
* Over the weekend, President Obama's limousine broke down in Israel. Due to sequester cuts, we can't afford AAA anymore. Joe Biden and John Kerry had to get out and push.
* Being stuck without power and not being able to get anywhere, Obama said he felt like he was on a Carnival cruise ship.
* No truth to the rumor that while in the Middle East Obama co-hosted “The View” via satellite.
* The new edition of Vogue magazine features the Obamas. What a coup for Vogue. The extremely busy Obamas had to squeeze this in between appearances on Jimmy Fallon and the family edition of “Wipeout.”
* In Vogue magazine, the president and Mrs. Obama discuss fashion. President Obama has made clear this is no way detracted from the time he put in on his Final Four picks.
* Sportscenter announced Obama's Final Four picks. Actually, due to the sequester cuts, Obama had his Final 3 picks.
* The new trend in the workplace is giving employees time to nap. Sure, between figuring out our NCAA tournament brackets and watching funny YouTube cat videos, we are exhausted.
* Judge Judy is being sued. At least there should be absolutely no trouble finding a jury of her peers – 12 other annoying TV judges.