* * * * * * * * * *
Brad's morning edition. Check back this afternoon for more jokes from Brad.
* My favorite play during the Creighton-Duke game was when Doug McDermott almost scored despite being guarded by three Duke players, a referee and a Wells Fargo Center usher.
* Despite a poor shooting night, Creighton stayed in the game against Duke. Here's a sentence I never thought I'd type: It's just a good thing Creighton was playing Duke and not Florida Gulf Coast.
* Spring has sprung in Nebraska. In no time, petunias will be sprouting from the snow drift in your front yard.
* Ah, spring in Omaha. When a young man's fancy turns to earning extra money breaking up the ice flow in his neighbor's driveway.
* According to the latest forecast, snow in Omaha should begin to taper off by July.
* Tuesday night, Omaha mayoral candidates will hold a forum at the Omaha Community Playhouse. If this is like a lot of the past forums, we should see some of the best acting in playhouse history.
* A new bill would require Nebraska schools to teach sex education. If this works out, we may start teaching kids math and science.
* You'll know when sex education is being taught the first time there's a snow day and a kid says “Oh, no, they canceled school.”
* There were some boo birds at the Creighton-Cincy game in Philadelphia. The players shouldn't feel bad. Some of you are too young to know this, but these are the same fans that booed Santa right before pelting him with ice balls.
* Harvard won its first NCAA tournament game ever. It's a school known for producing U.S. presidents, Supreme Court justices and Nobel Prize winners. Forget that stuff. Now Harvard has something Americans in 2013 can appreciate: a skilled point guard.
* The odds of filling out a perfect NCAA Tournament bracket: 9,223,372,036,854,775,808 to 1. Speaking of those odds, the Chicago Cubs are in the middle of spring training.
* A couple in Canada was arrested for allegedly attacking each other with chips and dip in a fight over the last beer. Well, if they had to be arrested, at least it wasn't over something stupid.
* If it were up to me, this would be the couple strapped into the tiny capsule and launched toward Mars for 501 days.